Lagos State government on Saturday dismissed a report on the third term resumption of school activities.
The Head, Public Affairs, Ministry of Education, Mr. Kayode Abayomi, said in a statement that the report alleged that a decision had been purportedly reached with an unnamed “Honourable Commissioner for Basic Education” regarding a new set of guidelines for schools resumption in the state.
Abayomi, however, refuted the claim that such a decision had been reached.
He said the write-up did not emanate from the State Ministry of Education and should be disregarded.
According to him, there was no designation as ”Honourable Commissioner for Basic Education” in the ministry as contained in the social media post.
“The issue of new guidelines for post-COVID-19 lockdown resumption is already under review by the state government and will be circulated after its conclusion.
“No school in the state is permitted to resume or re-open for Third Term Session till further directive to the contrary is issued by the state government.
“Schools would not resume despite the announcements on the gradual easing of existing lockdown in Lagos State and the re-opening of all government offices and establishments from Monday, May 4, 2020.”
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK PAGE
Drop comment below 👇